Cleaning Shower Glass
Getting your hazy shower glass back into its bright, pristine glory isn’t an easy task. Even hard water stains are notoriously tricky to rub off.
Fortunately, you don’t always need harsh products to clean your glass shower screen. There are plenty of chemical free home remedies to get the job done.
Ways You Can Clean Shower Glass
1. Baking Soda
- There’s a reason baking soda is such a staple in home cleaning remedies—it is incredibly versatile.
- Baking soda’s secret is in its abrasive properties, which make it particularly suited to scrubbing.
- Make a paste by mixing baking soda with a little bit of water. Apply a small amount to a moist sponge or an unused toothbrush and smear it slowly over the glass shower screen.
- Use more paste on stubborn stains and streaks.
- Then, rinse it off with cold water after a few minutes, and rub the glass until it is dry using a paper towel.
- The humble citrus fruit is a cleaning powerhouse. Lemon’s acidic properties make it aggressive against stains, but gentle enough to handle.
- For lemons, squeeze a wedge onto a moistened soft sponge. Wipe it over the glass shower screen using a gentle motion and leave it for a few minutes.
- Then, rinse it off with water and scrub it with a dry paper towel until it shines.
- A cheaper alternative to lemon is vinegar. It’s just as effective, but some people are put off by the pungent smell.
- Cleaning with vinegar is best when used as a solution. Mix half vinegar with half water in a spray bottle to create a 50/50 solution.
- Spray it onto the shower screen and leave it for a few minutes.
- Then, use a soft sponge to scrub the affected area and loosen stains.
- Rinse the area thoroughly with water, then clean and dry shine it with a paper towel.
GLASS CLEAN? Let’s KEEP IT THAT WAY.
An application of EnduroShield will help keep your newly clean glass clear of soap and water stains. One application will last up to 2 years.
This product is readily available in Bunnings warehouse. At a cost of $70, it isn’t cheap but will save hours of cleaning time